Welcome to North Banbury Scout Group Website
Open to Boys and Girls
Age 6 – 14 years
Mollington Village Hall & Hanwell Fields Community Centre
What is Scouting?
Scouting is part of a huge success story that began in 1908 with the vision of Robert Baden-Powell. Today the Movement has over 16 million Members in over 100 countries. In the the United Kingdom alone there are 100,000 adults that support over half a million young people aged between 6 and 25 years.
The Purpose of Scouting
The purpose of Scouting is to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potentials, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
The Scout Method
Scouting uses a Method. Teaming up young people with adults to promote:
- Learning by doing
- Participating in varied and progressive activities
- Making choices for themselves
- Taking responsibility for their own actions
- Working in groups
- Taking increasing responsibility for others
- Taking part in activities outdoors
- Sharing in prayer and worship
- Making and living out their Promise